Posts have covered the following topics (follow the hypertext link in the heading to the post I wrote on the subject):
- Procurement in large corporate organisations - because it's the environment I've worked in for over 30 years. (Did I really type that? Although more can be found about the journey of working for myself in my happy 10th anniversary blog written in March 2016.)
- Inspiring change - because effective change comes from motivated people.
- Creativity and Innovation - because there's a law of diminishing returns, and if we keep doing what we've always done we get what we're always got!
- Soft skills - because if achieving your goals relies on working with other people soft skills are the fastest way of unlocking misunderstandings and achieving results.
- Language - because words have power, and we often unconsciously use words that promote failure and hinder success.
- Use of unconventional tools - because the tools I use are particularly good at bypassing barriers or resistance to change.
- Don't leave your humanity at the door - because I get frustrated when I hear people tell me that we have to leave our authentic selves/humanity at the office door, and instead apply rules that cause other people and the planet great distress. I believe taking our humanity to work with us is what being a B Corp is all about, and is something I'm going to be talking to B Corporations about during the year. (Post script links to two posts that explain more about this. My response to the excuse for the lack of humanity in business "that's just the way business is", and "the sky is not the limit" a reminder that nothing is impossible.)
I trust that has given you a sense of who I am, why I do what I do, how I do it, and started to perhaps give you a sense of the impact it can have on the individuals and teams I work with.
Another means of finding out more about who I am, what I do and the results achieved can be found be reading 2016: My year in blogs which was written at the end of 2016.
Wishing you all a wonderfully creative and inspiring 2017, I do hope you'll get in touch to see how we may work together this year - directly or for your team or clients.
The Purchasing Coach
Using unconventional tool to unlock the potential of procurement teams
To find out more about how I might be able help you or your team to inspire change in 2017 do call me on +44(0)7770 538159 or email email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.